Mosquito borne diseases are in the headlines because of the Zika virus and many will be surprised to learn how it was spread to Brazil and why it is now a major problem. Its origin was the Zika forest in Africa and is came about as a result of an experiment which involved injecting a rhesus monkey with yellow fever. Within a short six to seven-year period it showed up in other parts of Africa and then Asia. Nothing was said about it and as there were so few cases there was no health alert.
Obviously it continued to be spread among animals as they are frequently bitten by the infected insects and ‘bush meat’, which comprises of apes taken from the jungle. The same infected mosquitoes also bit humans and transferred the Zika virus to those who subsequently travelled to other areas, including those where it spread even further. A major outbreak occurred on the Yap island in the Melanesian group in the early part of the 21st century.
It was the FIFA world-cup, however, that brought huge crowds from all areas to Brazil in 2014. This is how the epidemic started and why it is not a good idea to attend the Olympic Games. As it is also a sexually transmitted disease known to be harboured in semen and transferred to partners it is something that will have major consequences after the Games and may affect the entire world.
Religion plays a big part in the spread of such diseases because of the ignorance and ban on contraceptives and safe sex. The Catholic Church is among the worst of these organisations and Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, and other nations where the Spaniards colonised them, will follow Vatican orders.
In a world where disasters are now common place and there are signs that we are in the last days there is not much that can be done to stop it all rom happening. After my reincarnation my spiritual link grew substantially until given a commission to remove the wall of blindness. It was followed by many visions that confirmed the future end of the earth as we know it.
While there are so many authorities, governments, religious orders, and others running the world there is no hope of stopping the stupidity that is the product of money and power. It is what runs the World Order set in place by the Roman Emperor, Constantine, who established the Catholic Church in 325 AD, and it is still run on his principles and under his commands. He is 666 in Revelation 13:12-18 and everyone has heard of him.
The disease commonly known as Sickle-Cell Anemia (SCA) affects many around the world. It is possible that the disease may start early at the age of five to six months. Some of the drastic side effects of this disease that become apparent include acute pain, anemia, chronic infections, and sometimes stroke. The sickle-cell trait is identified to be extensive, reaching its highest predominance in parts of Africa and Saudi Arabia where the prevention management of sickle cell disease has been carried out aggressively. World Sickle Cell Awareness Day is conducted on 19th June of every year.
There are many programs around the world to control this disease. Prevention is done through sickle-cell screening and genetic counseling for contaminated regions. Researchers say that the disease can be identified even before birth.
Surveillance and research are important components of the program where the information generated should be disseminated and used as evidence in policy-making as well as in day-to-day decision-making in the management of the programs. Partnerships should be fostered between health professionals, parents, patients, relevant community interest groups, and the media. These partnerships will facilitate civic learning and identification of genetic risks in the community by making it easier to record family disease history, raise more awareness, and actively participate in prevention care programs.
The following are some of the general ways to raise awareness for sickle cell disease:
- Create kiosks in order to share knowledge and help people utilize the opportunity to gain information for those in need.
- Spread the word on social media in several ways such as spreading the word through messages-“John the fight against sickle cell disease.” Those who see it in their feed may feel compelled to learn more about the cause.
- Make and post a documentary-style video on social media about the symptoms and treatments of disease.
- Start a petition to build billboards at important junctions to spread the word about the sickle cell eradication programs.
- Start campaigning and talking to friends and family about Sickle Cell Awareness Day. This would be a perfect opportunity for them to learn about the disease.
- Make pamphlets or flyers about the disease. A few different questions to answer: “How is it prevented?” and “What are some of the symptoms?” These can be given out at shopping malls, supermarkets, hospitals, and so on.
- Wear certain accessory items such as T-shirts and hats, and buy other types of merchandise such as pens, mugs, and pins. One really creative and effective way to spread awareness for the disease is to wear silicone wristbands. Any message can be printed on any given wristband, meaning that those who notice it will also see the message. These wristbands are also popular fashion accessories that can be worn by practically anyone. They are popular at any public event. They are especially useful gifts to give people at a fundraising campaign event. Wristbands bought online are fully customizable, but no matter where they come from, they often come in a variety of colors, sizes, and designs. When customizing silicone wristbands, it is possible to select special designs such as embossed, debossed, dual layer, multi colored, and swirled that aren’t seen as often in stores.
Again, Sickle-Cell Anemia is a very deadly disease that makes life harder for people all over the world. Help these victims by spreading awareness; no matter how it’s done, it is always appreciated.